for your interest in supporting our project by knitting some of our tiny white hats.
You will find the knitting pattern and instructions below.
knit with love.
Each hat goes to a grieving mother who will never get to hold her baby, but will hold your knitted hat very often over the years as she remembers and often as she sheds tears for her loss.
A little hat I never wore
But now I send to you
For every Mum should have a gift
From their Baby born too soon.
Grieving Hearts Hats Pattern
You will need:
– White Double Knitting Yarn
– 3.25mm needles
– Counter (optional)
– Sewing needle
1. Cast on 22 stitches.
2. Knit four rows.
3. Knit 1 row, purl 1 row, knit 1 row for 10 more rows.
4. Knit 2 together to the end (11 stitches).
5. Purl 2 together to the end (6 stitches).
6. Cut the yarn leaving about 25 cm.
7. Thread through a sewing needle.
8. Run it through the loops and remove the knitting needle.
8. Tighten the yarn and sew the little hat together at the side.
9. Turn the hat right-side out.
10. Hat dimensions should be approx. 4cm high.
Grieving Hearts Hats
18 Newtown Mews
is non-profit with all donations going right back in to support the project.